Agenda for 1/18/04 Board Meeting
Posted On January 13, 2004
OCA Board Meeting
January 18, 2004
- Installation of new Board Members
- Approval of minutes of previous Board meeting
- Financial Summary
- Set date for next meeting - 3/7 and 3/28 appear to be on the least busy weekends in March.
AstroImage 2004 Conference (Dave Kodama)
G. Bruce Blair Award/WAA (Tim Hogle)
- Anza Planning Task Force
o Membership of the Task Force
- Anza road maintenance/gravel - status?
- Anza Broadband - Implementation of payment schedule, controlling access, proposed rules for use of the service.
- Better lock for observing area of OCA Observatory
- Observatory roof.
- Security for broadband network at Anza
- Explore the Stars - we still need a new coordinator, or at least someone to assist Richard Cranston.
- Trustee duties/obligations.
- EOA - a stairway is needed for the outside door to the control room at Anza House and a skirt is needed for the base of the MOCAT Observatory (estimated cost: $250.00 total).
¬∑ Plan for inventorying surplus items/items in storage for sale or otherwise getting them in use or disposing of them.
¬∑ Liability/indemnity issues between the club and individual members.
¬∑ CCD issues on the Kuhn (requested purchase of telecompressor, training and control of equipment use).
UPDATES NOT REQUIRING ACTION
- Status on website management (Russ Sipe is now Website Editor, Dave Pace is helping on the technical side)
- Clark Refractor update
- Painting of Anza House
- Mice/rat eradication in Anza House
- Star Member training is ongoing, and keeping up with demand.
- Star Member manual - still under revision.
- Update on Kuhn Telescope - CCD camera has been repaired, per John Hoot.
- Awards plans/program update
- Tessmann update