Agenda for 9/26/04 Board Meeting
Posted On September 25, 2004
OCA Board Meeting
September 26, 2004
- Approval of July Minutes
- Set November meeting date - Thanksgiving is 11/25, Anza star party is 11/13, BSC star party is 11/6. 11/14 would probably interfere least with the holidays.
- Financial Summary
- Observatory roof - what, when, how, how much?
- Fence for Anza site - what, when, how, how much?
- Anza clean-up - still needed.
- Anza electrical repairs - Bruce Waddington replaced non-functional GFI's on Football Field in August. Craig Bobchin was arranging for an electrician to evaluate the site.
- Anza House modifications - back kitchen, front ramp, bathroom.
- Anza site plan/Anza Planning Task Force
- Banquet - Do we want one this year?
- Kuhn - what can we do to move the repair/renovation project to completion?
- Anza Broadband system - Modifications needed.
- Chapman University - we are now formalizing the relationship with Chapman by contract, and will need to add Chapman to our insurance policy as an additional insured.
UPDATES NOT REQUIRING ACTION
- EOA/MOCAT: With the help of Dave Radosevich, Jim Hannum and John Kerns, the pier was taken to a welder and the bolt slots lengthened to allow the necessary adjustments to polar align it. The 12-inch LX200 is now mounted on the pier in the Mocat observatory, and controlled by the computers in the observatory and the control room. A number of technical problems have been worked out, but the RA wormgear appears to be too tight and is throwing the accuracy of the telescope off.