"How to Use Your Telescope" Class - on 1/6/06!Our next "How to Use Your Telescope" class is on Friday, 1/6/06, at 7:30 p.m. in front of the classroom behind the Centennial Heritage Museum. If you've got a telescope you'd like some help with - please bring it! If you'd like to come help people who need some assistance with their telescopes, please do! And, if you don't have a telescope yet but would like to see what's involved in setting different models up and using them - this is a great chance to see that first hand and to ask any questions you might have.
By: Barbara Toy
January 3, 2006 12:48PM PDT
For details, please click on the title to this article.
Our "How to Use Your Telescope" class is part of our club's regular Beginners' Astronomy Class that meets on the first Friday of every month. The classes are free and open to the public. There is a six month cycle of the classes, but they don't have to be taken in any particular order. This session is where people bring their telescopes and get some direct help in learning to set them up and start finding things, and also with any particular problems they may be having with their telescopes. You don't have to have a telescope to come - a number of people come to get a better idea of what's involved with setting different types of telescopes up and getting them to work before they decide what they may want to get for themselves.
This class requires a lot of volunteers to make it a success, so if any of you reading this has any expertise with any type of telescope and can make it out to the museum the first Friday night in January, please come and share your knowledge!
The scheduled start time for all of the Beginners' Classes, including this one, is 7:30 p.m., and we generally hold the classes in the classroom behind the Centennial Heritage Museum. This particular class session is mostly held outside of the classroom, so we can help people find objects in the sky if the weather permits.
The Centennial Heritage Museum is at 3101 W. Harvard Street in Santa Ana, which is about a half block West of Fairview Ave. Harvard is the signal between Edinger and Warner. If you come to the Santa Ana/Costa Mesa area on the 405, take Fairview north, and turn left on Harvard, then look for the museum on your right. The driveway is at the far side of the property (that is, the west side); come in through the gate and follow the driveway to the back of the property. Since we'll be having people set up their telescopes outside, please plan to park around the edges of the parking area, and hopefully those who bring telescopes will be able to set up near their cars and won't have to carry things too far. The classroom will be there, too, in case we need to do anything that requires more light.
We look forward to seeing you all there!
- OCA’s Spring “How to Use Your Telescope” Class
- "How to Use Your Telescope" Class moved to 1/7/05
- "How to Use Your Telescope" Class this Friday, 7/1!
- “How to Use Your Telescope” Class on Jan. 7, 7:30 p.m.
- Beginners' Class - 7:30 tonight!
- Beginners Astronomy Class - Intro to Astrophotography
- 2/2/08 Beginners Class - AstroImaging Basics!
- "How to Use Your Telescope" Class on 1/4/08!
- Reminder - How to Use Your Telescope class Friday, 7/7!
- "How to Use Your Telescope" class tonight - even if it rains!
- How to Use Your Telescope Class – on 1/5/07
- Sept. Beginners Class Cancelled! - Revised Schedule to 2/2009
- Free "How to Use Your Telescope" Class on 2/6/09
- January Beginners Class Cancelled!
- How To Use Your New Telescope Class - January 4th 2019
- Beginner's Classes