"How to Use Your Telescope" Class this Friday, 7/1!Our "How to Use Your Telescope" class will be at 7:30 p.m. in front of the classroom behind the Centennial Heritage Museum. If you've got a telescope you'd like some help with - please bring it! If you'd like to come help people who need some assistance with their telescopes, please do! And, if you don't have a telescope yet but would like a better idea of what's involved in setting different models up and using them - this is a great chance to see what's involved first hand and to ask any questions you might have.
By: Barbara Toy
June 29, 2005 11:04PM PDT
For details, please click on the title to this article.
The "How to Use Your Telescope" class is part of our club's regular Beginners' Astronomy Class that meets the first Friday of every month. The classes are free and open to the public. There is a six month cycle of the classes, but they don't have to be taken in any particular order. This session is where people bring their telescopes and get some direct help in learning to set them up and start finding things, and also with any particular problems they may be having with their telescopes. You don't have to have a telescope to come - a number of people come to get a better idea of what's involved with setting different types of telescopes up and getting them to work before they decide what they may want to get for themselves.
This class requires a lot of volunteers to make it a success, so if any of you reading this has any expertise with any type of telescope and can make it out to the museum Friday night, please come and share your knowledge!
The scheduled start time for all of the Beginners' Classes, including this one, is 7:30 p.m., and we generally hold the classes in the classroom behind the Centennial Heritage Museum. This particular class session is mostly held outside of the classroom, so we can help people find objects in the sky if the weather permits.
The Centennial Heritage Museum is at 3101 W. Harvard Street in Santa Ana, which is about a half block West of Fairview Ave. Harvard is the signal between Edinger and Warner. If you come to the Santa Ana/Costa Mesa area on the 405, take Fairview north, and turn left on Harvard, then look for the museum on your right. The driveway is at the far side of the property (that is, the west side); come in through the gate and follow the driveway to the back of the property. Since we'll be having people set up their telescopes outside, please plan to park around the edges of the parking area, and hopefully those who bring telescopes will be able to set up near their cars and won't have to carry things too far. The classroom will be there, too, in case we need to do anything that requires more light.
We look forward to seeing you all there!
- OCA’s Spring “How to Use Your Telescope” Class
- Reminder! Astrophysics SIG meeting is this Friday, April 9!
- Anza Clean-up Day this Sat., 5/15/04
- Symposium at CalTech Friday, May 21
- "How to Use Your Telescope" Class moved to 1/7/05
- Astrophysics Meeting - Friday, 11/19/04
- “How to Use Your Telescope” Class on Jan. 7, 7:30 p.m.
- Beginners' Class - 7:30 tonight!
- "How to Use Your Telescope" Class - on 1/6/06!
- Beginners Astronomy Class - Intro to Astrophotography
- Blackstar Canyon Star Party this Saturday
- This is ASTRONOMY JEOPARDY!
- 2/2/08 Beginners Class - AstroImaging Basics!
- Pluto Occultation this weekend.
- "How to Use Your Telescope" Class on 1/4/08!
- Reminder - How to Use Your Telescope class Friday, 7/7!
- "How to Use Your Telescope" class tonight - even if it rains!
- How to Use Your Telescope Class – on 1/5/07
- PATS Discount tickets - this Friday only!!!!!!
- Sept. Beginners Class Cancelled! - Revised Schedule to 2/2009
- Free "How to Use Your Telescope" Class on 2/6/09
- January Beginners Class Cancelled!
- February Anza Star Party Cancelled - There is no Water there. - Do not go to Anza this weekend
- BSC star party this Saturday (03/06/2010)
- How To Use Your New Telescope Class - January 4th 2019
- Beginner's Classes