“How to Use Your Telescope” Class on Jan. 7, 7:30 p.m.Note: The class will take place even if it's raining - but we'll be inside the classroom instead of outside.
By: Barbara Toy
December 17, 2004 2:20PM PDT
Did you get a telescope as a gift but can’t figure out how to set it up? Do you have a telescope lying around the house that you can’t get to work right? Bring your telescopes and your problems to our free “How to Use Your Telescope” class on Friday, 1/7/05 at 7:30 p.m. at the Centennial Heritage Museum in Santa Ana. For details, directions, and to download a flyer on the class with a map, please click on the title.
If you know how to use any type of telescope, please come as a volunteer to help out – it’s always a lot of fun, and we volunteers learn a lot, too!
How to Use Your Telescope Class
This class is part of our regular Beginners Astronomy Class, which is free and open to the public, and which meets on the first Friday of the month in the classroom at the rear of the Centennial Heritage Museum property. For this class, we have volunteers present to help people who bring their telescopes one-to-one. For those who need the basics, the goal is to help you learn to set your scope up and align it properly, then find a few objects (weather permitting), answering any questions you have along the way. For those who are having specific problems with their telescope, the objective is to help solve the problems (and sometimes we find that the problem is with the equipment itself and that it needs to be repaired or replaced, in which case we’ll try to advise you about what to tell the manufacturer or the store you bought it from about the nature of the problem, to help you get it fixed).
To download the flyer with the directions and a map, click HERE.
Directions: The class will be held in the parking area and the area in front of the classroom behind the main buildings of the Centennial Heritage Museum. The address is 3101 W. Harvard St., Santa Ana, CA, which is about a half block west of Fairview. Harvard intersects Fairview between Warner and Edinger. To get to the museum from the I-405, go north on Fairview, and turn left at the first signal past Warner, which is Harvard (if you get to Edinger you’ve gone too far). The museum will be on your right at you go west on Harvard. The driveway is at the western end of the property, and you enter through wrought iron gates (if the gates aren’t open when you get there, please wait and someone will be along to unlock them). Follow the driveway back to the back of the property; it will curve to the right and you’ll then see the parking area to the left of the drive. The classroom is at the far side of the parking area.
For members of the club’s “GoTo” Interest Group – this is the next meeting, so we look forward to seeing you there!
- OCA’s Spring “How to Use Your Telescope” Class
- "How to Use Your Telescope" Class moved to 1/7/05
- "How to Use Your Telescope" Class this Friday, 7/1!
- Astrophysics Meeting - 8/19/2005 at 7:30 p.m.
- Nominate Candidates for the Board through 8:00 p.m. Sunday, 12/12/04!
- Astrophysics Meeting - Tonight (Fri.) at 7:30!
- REMINDER - OCA Dark Sky Group meeting tonight at 7:30!
- Astrophysics Meeting tonight at 7:30!
- Astrophysics Meeting Tonight at 7:30!
- Beginners' Class - 7:30 tonight!
- Astrophysics Meeting Tonight at 7:30!
- Astrophysics Meeting - 9/16/05 at 7:30 p.m.
- "How to Use Your Telescope" Class - on 1/6/06!
- Beginners Astronomy Class - Intro to Astrophotography
- 2/2/08 Beginners Class - AstroImaging Basics!
- "How to Use Your Telescope" Class on 1/4/08!
- Reminder - How to Use Your Telescope class Friday, 7/7!
- "How to Use Your Telescope" class tonight - even if it rains!
- How to Use Your Telescope Class – on 1/5/07
- Sept. Beginners Class Cancelled! - Revised Schedule to 2/2009
- Free "How to Use Your Telescope" Class on 2/6/09
- January Beginners Class Cancelled!
- How To Use Your New Telescope Class - January 4th 2019
- John Sanford Remembrance - 1/13/12 at 7:00 p.m.
- Beginner's Classes