Orange County Astronomers
Meeting of the Board of Trustees
May 3, 2009
- Approval of March Minutes
- Set July meeting date – General Meeting is 7/10, Anza star party and Starbecue is 7/18, BSC is 7/25, full moon is 7/7, and the 4th of July is the first Saturday of the month. The best alternatives seem to be 7/12 or 7/26.
- Financial Summary/Treasurer’s Report
MEMBER AND GUEST PRESENTATIONS
- Anza site plan – update on electrical, etc.
- Hobbs, other member observatories
- Written standards/procedures
- Update/status re: removal of Palomar Mt. antenna on OCA property/property boundaries.
- WeatherCam – the camera and mirror still need to be installed and connected.
- Club pad license sale – update
- Amazon link and eScript updates.
- New Member Forum update.
- RTMC – OCA booth; S. Cal club officers’ forum
- Telescope Loaner Program update
- Anza House repairs/Anza cleanup day
- Luigi is donating, installing better screen door at Anza House
- Repair to evap cooler for Anza House, plumbing shut-offs
- 12-inch telescope repair
- Other IYA activities?
- Possible addition of Space Update to general meetings
UPDATES NEEDING NO BOARD ACTION
- Black Star Canyon/other possible Irvine Ranch site update.
- Possible new Orange County viewing site – Planning to visit site before making recommendations.