Orange County Astronomers
Meeting of the Board of Trustees
March 15, 2009
- Approval of January Minutes
- Set May meeting date – General Meeting is 5/8, Anza star party is 5/23, BSC is 5/16, full moon is 5/8, RTMC is 5/22-5/24, Memorial Day is 5/25, Mothers’ Day is 5/10. The best alternatives would be 5/3 or 5/31.
- Financial Summary/Treasurer’s Report
MEMBER AND GUEST PRESENTATIONS
- Anza site plan – update on clearing area around Last Members area.
- Standards for plans to be submitted to the Board
- Construction standards
- Procedure for allocating observatory locations (ranking on Interest List vs special needs)
- Standards for building by stages
- Update/status re: removal of Palomar Mt. antenna on OCA property, possible arrangement with company for Internet access.
- WeatherCam – the camera and mirror still need to be installed and connected.
- Club pad license sale – update
- Amazon link and eScript updates.
- New Member Forum update.
- Repair of Bonny Lane, roads on Anza site.
- RTMC – OCA booth
- Telescope Loaner Program
- Anza House repairs
- Joining NASA Night Sky Network
- Accepting cards for membership and donations
- Reimbursing Pacific Symphony event participants for parking
UPDATES NEEDING NO BOARD ACTION
- Black Star Canyon/other possible Irvine Ranch site update.
- Possible new Orange County viewing site – Planning to visit site before making recommendations.
- Developments with Riverside County Planning Dept. – No progress yet. Planning to contact Planning Department again.