Come to the Astrophysics Meeting - tonight, 7/20!
By: Barbara Toy
July 20, 2007 8:19AM PDT
Friday night (July 20) is a good time to join us at the Centennial Heritage Museum for the Astrophysics meeting as we will be showing the first astrophysics topics in Alex Filippenko’s new and graphically improved Astronomy series. The topic will be light – starting with the basic properties of light leading up to Filippenko’s own discussion of wave / particle duality. He also explains rainbows and halos. The topic in August is the spectra of stars.
If you haven’t been with us for a while, we have moved to a better location within the museum complex (complete with climate control and a resthroom). You can’t miss us as we are still adjacent to the same parking area.
The museum is at 3101 W. Harvard St., Santa Ana. This is about a half-block west of Fairview; Harvard is midway between Warner and Edinger. The driveway into the complex is on the west end of the property, through wrought iron gates. Follow the drive around to the back and park in the parking area. We're in the bottom floor of the Carriage House, not in the classroom (which is no longer usable).
Meeting information is from Chris Buchen, Chair of the Astrophysics SIG
- Change in Website Leadership – Farewell to Liam, Welcome to Russ
- Upcoming Comets - Per Don Lynn
- Agenda for November Board Meeting
- Agenda for 1/18/04 Board Meeting
- Go-To Telescope SIG Feb. '04 meeting Summary
- Revised Agenda - 3/7/04 Board Meeting
- Reminder! Astrophysics SIG meeting is this Friday, April 9!
- Agenda for 5/2/04 Board Meeting
- EOA Changes its Regular Meeting Day
- Nojum (Iranian Astronomy Magazine) welcomes OCA members for Venus transit
- Proposed Agenda for Board meeting Sunday, July 25
- Agenda for 9/26/04 Board Meeting
- Register for IDA fall meeting and CalStar 2005
- Astrophysics Meeting - 8/19/2005 at 7:30 p.m.
- Updated Agenda for Board Meeting on tonight, 11/7/04
- Astrophysics Meeting - Friday, 11/19/04
- Welcome to Hassi Norlen as our new Website Editor!
- AI SIG Meeting for 12/21 CANCELLED
- Astrophysics Meeting - Fri. 12/17 (Directions added)
- Amended Proposed Agenda for January Board Meeting
- Astrophysics Meeting - Tonight (Fri.) at 7:30!
- REMINDER - OCA Dark Sky Group meeting tonight at 7:30!
- Astrophysics Meeting tonight at 7:30!
- Astrophysics Meeting Tonight at 7:30!
- Astrophysics Meeting Tonight at 7:30!
- Proposed Agenda - Board Meeting on 5/6/07
- Astrophysics Meeting - 9/16/05 at 7:30 p.m.
- NO GoTo SIG MEETING TONIGHT!
- Proposed Agenda - Board Meeting 1/22/06
- Astrophysics in 2005
- Updated Agenda - Board Meeting 3/12/06
- REVISED Agenda for Board Meeting 5/7/06
- AUGUST MEETING MOVED TO AUGUST 4!
- Revised Agenda for Board meeting on 1/28
- Agenda for 7/22/07 Board Meeting
- Proposed Agenda for Board Meeting Sunday, 7/9/06
- Proposed Agenda for Board Meeting 9/23/07
- Proposed Agenda for 11/4 Board Meeting
- No Astrophysics SIG meeting in December
- Revised Agenda - 3/25/07 Board Meeting
- No Astroimagers SIG meeting in December
- New Parking Permit Needed for the January Meeting!
- Proposed Agenda for Board Meeting 1/20/08
- Astrophysics Meeting Friday 2/15/08!
- Revised Agenda - Board of Trustees Meeting 9/17
- Proposed Agenda for 11/5/06 Board Meeting
- Proposed Agenda for 3/16/08 Board Meeting
- Proposed Agenda for 5/4 Board Meeting
- Proposed Agenda for 7/20/08 Board Meeting
- General Meeting a Week Early - on 9/5/08!
- Agenda for Board Meeting on 9/28/08
- Astrophysic Meeting tonight!
- Proposed Agenda for 3/15/09 Board Meeting
- Proposed Agenda for 1/18/09 Board Meeting
- Agenda for Board Meeting Today, 5/3/09
- Special Board Meeting 6/14/09
- Agenda - 7/26/09 Board Meeting
- Agenda - 9/13/09 Board Meeting
- Agenda for Board Meeting 11/8/09
- Agenda for 1/24/2010 Board Meeting
- New Date - Astrophysics Meeting!
- ASTROIMAGE SIG MEETING CANCELLED
- 3/5/17 Board Meeting Agenda
- AstroImage Meeting on 7/11/17 Cancelled
- AstroImage SIG - NEW MEETING DATE AND LOCATION