Orange County Astronomers
Meeting of the Board of Trustees
November 5, 2006
- Approval of September Minutes
- Set January meeting date – Anza star party is 1/20, BSC is 1/27, and the General Meeting (and election) is 1/12. The best alternative would be 1/28; 1/14 may not leave enough time after the election to notify people of the results, and 1/21 is the day after the Anza Star Party.
- Financial Summary: Treasurer’s Report; “computerized financial forecast” proposal; fundraising proposals; AstroImage Calendars.
MEMBER AND GUEST PRESENTATIONS
- Anza Site Committee update – need for aerial mapping of site for accurate topo map
- Banquet update – celebration of our 40th anniversary?
- Need to find assistants/replacements for Leonard Stein and Don Lynn
- AstroImage 2006: review.
- Observatory roof update – setting of schedule, etc.
Ř Part 1: Remove and replace rear roof support structure. Cost?
Ř Part 2: Remove and replace existing roof. Cost?
- Removal of trailers left on Anza site.
- Proposed promotional item: embroidered OCA patches (suggested by Matt Ota); OCA pins as alternative or addition
- Anza House repairs (including roof)
UPDATES NEEDING NO BOARD ACTION
- Anza network
- Star Gazers of Seal Beach/Leisure World request for assistance.
- WeatherCam status – the camera and mirror still need to be installed and connected. Have compatible connectors and the new mirror been obtained?
- Remove and replace steel front door on observatory – status.
- Anza perimeter fence – Don Lynn is continuing to install additional posts